I downloaded the PDF pattern from the Grainline Studio website, dug out some black ponte from the stash and set to.
I traced off a size 10 and made just one alteration. I'm not really a 3/4 length sleeve kinda girl, so I lengthen the arms by 6 1/2", allowing for a 1" hem. I did away with the sleeve facing because I thought the ponte would behave better with a turned up hem.
For the facing I used a merino remnant from my Gillian Wrap Dress, a very fine stripe in a grey. This was much much lighter than the ponte so I used an equally heavy knit fusible interfacing - that worked a treat.
Now ... See those annoying wee bubbles at the bottom of the front in the photo below - I wasn't sure whether I'd done something or whether it's a result of the knit fabric??? I did a bit of a search of other blogs and noticed it on some other knit versions as well, so figured that it wasn't just me. But it could be that the facing is a tad shorter than the front piece caused by either incorrect cutting or that the interfacing slightly shrunk the facing piece. Anyway the knit fabric moves and wiggles in every direction when I'm wearing it so I figured it doesn't really matter that much - I'm probably the only one noticing!!
The Blazer wears beautifully. The only thing that I would change next time would be to lower the side seam at the under the arm; it's a tad high which restricts what I can wear under it and creates pulling when I look at photos of the back.
Anyway more photos on my Flickr -->