Tuesday 11 June 2013

My Cordova

I can't believe how quick this Cordova jacket has come together.  Here's all the deets on my preparation.


Usually I would sew a size 8 Sewaholic, but I decided to go with the finished measurement of the garment rather than the body measurement and have sewn up a size 6, although I could have gotten away with sewing up a size 4 - maybe next time :-)

I'm really liking the effect of reversing the fabric on the side panels and peplum.   Hopefully the next photo will show clearly the difference.  It's really hard to tell whether it's a deep deep dark blue or black, so I have gone with dark blue and added a blue lining and zip.  I think it looks great with jeans.


I would definitely make another Cordova.  The back pleat is a great feature and will make the jacket comfy to wear.  Next time I would think about adding another half inch to the lining to allow for a little bit more ease vertically.

I would also add another inch to the length of the sleeve.  Although it looks okay it only has a half inch hem and I would prefer at least a one inch hem.  My sleeve lining isn't attached to the sleeve fabric because it isn't long enough.  I am debating whether I add 1.5 inches to the sleeve lining and then attach it to the sleeve fabric.  I might wear it a couple of times before I decide.


Gee these photos make my bottom half look smaller than the top, but I think that is the idea of the jacket.  I am most definitely bigger on the bottom than the top according to the measure tape!


Gee, should really have done my hair before taking photos!


Oops you can see that I've been sitting down!

Final thoughts:  would definitely make again with a few adjustments; I'm still undecided on the double peplum; the construction techniques make it a dream to sew; Love Sewaholic :-)

Yay for completing my first project for Indie Pattern Month .... next!


9 comments:

  1. Wow. That was quick. I love the reversal of fabric on the panels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern is truly that quick to sew. I love instant gratification projects.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow I love love LOVE the reversible fabric, the effect is stunning, you have done an amazing job!

    Ahh, I wish I had more reversible fabric in my stash. I am hoping that after my Lady Grey I have time to make the Deer & Doe Belladone dress with my reversible fabric, I hope it looks as amazing as your jacket :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel, can't wait to see your reversible fabric - it's quite fun to play with.

      Delete
  3. You are quick! I love how you reversed the fabric for the sides. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura, I think it is all credit to a great pattern :-) I even got credit today from Tasia via Twitter, which just made my day (little old me way down under!)

      Delete
  4. What an adorable jacket! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your jacket is amazing. I love the way you've reversed the fabric. It looks fab.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...