This week I've been working on my second Indie Pattern, the Go Anywhere Dress by Sewn Square One. The pattern provides for three variations: a dress, a tunic and a top.
I selected the dress to make first up, with a woven pinstripe from my stash. All was going well and literally finished today, BUT .... they just had to go - yep the sleeves just had to come off.
It wasn't just the sleeves of the dress but also the sleeves of the lining, which I had just finished hand stitching in place! Although my fault, I didn't place the sleeves in when I did the muslin. I figured a 'sleeve is a sleeve' and I've never really had any problem with a sleeve before. My usual adjustment of a dress is for the hip and when I make that adjustment the waist is slightly adjusted when I true up the curve.
I think the dress will be great with no sleeves and actually more my style. Maybe that was the message! The pockets are a great feature and really make the dress - here is a sneak peek. You will see what I mean when I reveal the finished garment :-)