Tuesday 27 August 2013

Circle Top Take 2

I just couldn't resist!  I had to have a second Circle Top by Papercut Patterns.  My first was a lovely rich red - view that one here.

DSCF7281

Again I made the XS and fitted the cuffs, cutting the side seams 5/8" on each side.  The pattern instructions say to slight stretch the outer band as attaching, I did that for my red one but this time I didn't - not sure if you can really notice.

Don't you just love that full circle!

The great thing about merino is that while it does have a right and wrong side it is not super obvious. That really makes a difference for this pattern, in that you can't tell that is obviously the inside of the top that can be seen.


I think could be worn with a belt if you wanted to have a permanent closure - that could be quite a nice styling option.  Must try that!

DSCF7280

The top could be dressed up or down.  This is my weekend version with a long t-shirt and leggings.  It will look great over a dress for the office.

DSCF7285

I love my Papercut Circle Top :-)

18 comments:

  1. I've had my eye on this pattern for a while, it looks so fun and easy to stitch up, kind-of-a-hoodie-kind-of-a-cardi :)I love your red version for a pop of colour and I can see how black would be easier to pair with more items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my circle tops - I'm on the hunt now for a nice clip closure that I can just pop on and whip off.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love it! And, yes it is a full circle, who would have guessed? It looks so effortlessly comfortable and so unique all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! such a simple pattern - a circle with sleeves, but such a great idea.

      Delete
  3. Love this - it looks super snuggly too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a versatile top! I think if you wore it with a brightly coloured skinny belt it would look fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks really great, just like your red version! And I also like your Lola dress BTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. I so want to make another Lola as well, but just have to find the right colour.

      Delete
  6. Cute!! I've been eyeing up that pattern as well - it looks so fun to both make and wear. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to add an extra 1" to the sleeve of the black version, which now makes my red one my favourite for comfort. You definitely need one.

      Delete
  7. Loves like a fun pattern to sew up and comfortable jacket to have. Definitely will have to give that pattern a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think this pattern should be in everyone's wardrobe basics :-)

      Delete
  8. I am ever so late to this party and love your jacket. I will have to have another look at PaperCut patterns ..... oh no don't tempt me lol. And you'll be wearing this for a while yet as spring weather is here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes I feel as though I'm living in both circle tops lately :-)

      Delete
  9. Only just saw this, but I love that circle top. I'd seen the pattern, and skimmed past it as I didn't like the look of it. But you've made it look amazing and like something I'd really wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really fun to wear, it's never just so.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...