Monday 5 August 2013

Winter Swap Goodies

I have recently participated in the INAUGURAL WINTER SWAP 2013  hosted by Penny at Dresses and Me.

I had never participated in a fabric swap before but Penny outlined really clearly how it would work.  I really like the idea of receiving a parcel that would be completely mysterious. 

After a really busy week at work I arrived home on Friday evening to find my parcel waiting for me :-)
My parcel was a treasure chest of sewing goodies ...
I love this wee purse size sewing kit - just perfect.

These cute buttons, pack of 20cm zippers and pretty bias - the boats and polka dot bias is steering me toward a shift dress.
I have never seen this magazine before and have already read it cover to cover. 
A Burda pattern - I'm really liking the look of view A
Two pieces of fabric.  The small polka dot almost looks red in the picture, but is actually cerise pink, I would say a chiffon and it sparkles, not that you can tell from the picture.  The other piece is a cotton.
The last is a miniature hot water bottle for those cold winter nights.  The perfect size for my lap while sitting at the sewing machine :-)

All wrapped up together with this charming card and envelope - most definitely a case of card envy!!!
Thanks so much Trees for being my Winter Swap partner :-)


11 comments:

  1. How fun! She really picked some great swap items!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right - much more creative than I!

      Delete
  2. The fun part of a local swapping is being able to squeal and say, Ooh, I know where she got that! And not just from my own shop either! ;-) LOVELY things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now think I've got a lot more places to find and explore :-)

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a great box of goodies!! I especially love the little sewing kit. I think if I ever see cute things like that I'm just going to pick them up for a future swap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's it just the cutest! I think I might be doing exactly the same as you so I have interesting things to send in my next swap :-)

      Delete
  4. That is an amazing package of goodies! I am so impressed! If I enter one if these I hope I get Trees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I think Penny will have twice any many participants in next year's swap.

      Delete
  5. Yah!! I am glad you loved everything - I can't wait to see what you make up with these goodies. Also how cute is that sewing kit? I think I need to get one for me:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sewing kit is just the best. Who ever is the lucky first to see me whip that out and use it is going to be super impressed!

      Delete
  6. Oooh, that is one fabulous packet of goodies!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...